As a congregation WWCC has been involved in the Whitewater Region since 1918. We were formerly called “Foresters Falls Standard Church,” located in the hamlet of Foresters Falls. Our roots originate in Methodism and in a revival movement under the ministry of the Rev. Ralph Horner.
On January 1, 2004, as the result of a merger of the Standard Church denomination with The Wesleyan Church of Canada the congregation changed its name to the “Whitewater Wesleyan Community Church.” Also, during this time due to the physical limitations of Foresters Falls church we purposed together to change locations, building a new facility at our present location. The first service at 42 Cedar Haven Road was on Canada Day, 2007.
The Wesleyan denomination has approximately 1700 churches in North America with
headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Central Canada Conference head office is in Brockville ON. The Wesleyan denomination is represented in over sixty-five nations and it operates several colleges, seminaries, a publishing house as well as other medical and educational facilities.
We are grateful to God for what he has done for us and we live in anticipation at what is yet to come. We agree that our history is really only part of His Story still being told in changed lives and homes.